Friday, March 13, 2009

DIAGNOSIS: Tendonitis & Carpal Tunnel



I went to the doctor about two weeks ago and found out that the pain in my right wrist was not all in my head and I wasn't being a big baby - I have tendinitis and carpal tunnel. I was told not to work out for two weeks, and if I do, to ice my wrist afterward. She gave me a brace - see above! She proscribed an ergonomic keyboard and mousepad - which is working well. Oh, and anti-inflammatories.

I am having a hard time though! I'm taking it easy but every time I do go to the gym I am frustrated and it's more frustrating and stressful than it is relaxing and enjoyable like usual. It's hard because I can't do what I want to do while I'm there. It hurts half the time. My grips hurt b/c they put pressure on my tendons and without the wraps I hurt myself. Even doing legs I hurt myself - getting up from the Leg Press or using the bar for squats, good mornings, lunges, etc. I like to add weight to all the exercises off a machine but that requires the use of my wrists.

I am right handed and it is my right wrist...cool huh? So, life is frustrating right now. I know this injury is not as bad as many others...like Julie Lohre's knee. But, I can say I'm sure that is even more frustrating if I am feeling the way I am. I am feeling in a bit of a rut at this point and I'm needing some direction!

Key word: frustration

2 comments:

Anonymous March 17, 2009 at 8:15 AM  

ugh, what a drag. Have you thought about going for physiotherapy?

btw, thanks to one of your older posts I made myself a vision board! THX!

Renee Booe March 28, 2009 at 5:03 PM  

oh I AM so sorry to hear that. Really sucks i am sure. hope you are healing fast!

Labels

Followers

FITori

FITori

About This Blog

I am Tori (FITori) and welcome to my blog!!!

I created this blog from the encouragement of my best friend who pushed me to start a blog about my passion, which I am always talking about! It started as a way to inspire others the way I have been inspired and to share what inspires me. I also want to share with you what I have learned through my years of research on health and fitness.

For me, this blog is a great place for me to document my fitness journey. I decided to compete this year, but have transferred that goal to next year so that I can bulk and compete in Figure. This blog is my accountability and hopefully I can get some advice and tips along the way. I am hoping that I can learn from you all also as I post what I am learning along the way. If I am wrong or there is advice for me, I want it! I want your theories. What are you doing differently?

I'm also looking for accountability to keep this up and inspiration from you all. I read your blogs and get inspired and knowing you're reading mine keeps me going!

Thank you for your support!!! Let me know if you have any special requests for blog posts!

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP