Saturday, April 25, 2009

Lean Bodies Consulting


Well, I said " stay tuned" to my blog for an update on whether or not I chose to hire a trainer, but then I got injured. Actually, just after I signed up with him, I got my diagnosis and we decided it was best to wait until I was healed. Now, I am not 100% better, but almost there and READY READY READY to get back into "training." Since my own "bulking" attempts caused me to gain more fat than muscle, I believe, we are cutting now until I am at a better place and then will start to bulk again. I still plan to compete next year in 2010....so hope that no injuries occur between now and then!! I plan to work with Erik, though life evolves and you never know what will happen in the future. At this point, I trust his plan, knowledge and philosophies more than other trainers I have spoken with thus far (and I've listed those below)....no offense to anyone!

Check out Erik and Noel here:
Lean Bodies Consulting

There are some fantastic blogs on his site. Erik and Noel both have great blogs! I am extremely impressed so far with Erik and his plan! His workouts are kicking my ass!!! I made a bit of an ass out of myself at first telling him I didn't think I needed any training assistance because "there's only so much you can do with training"....turns out I was wrong! I'm learning every day from his plan! Also, his diet is great! It's so simple and makes so much sense AND is really easy to follow.....willpower, as always, is the hardest part!

Things I like most about Erik's plan and "philosophy" and trust him over other trainers because:
  • His plans do not include 2 hours of cardio a day to cut. His training is concise and compact and works. Look at Allison Ethier who uses his training.
  • He doesn't think that a client has to gain a ton of fat in order to bulk and in fact sets a "high" end and once that is reached, cutting begins because, after all, we all have a life to live even if we want to bulk at the same time.
  • He doesn't plan on a "show" date until he's worked with you enough to see how your body will respond. Makes sense, right? I love the idea of cutting, until you reach see your body responding and THEN setting a date. I think it's the fear of every new competitor to not be ready to get on stage and face the dilema of 1. quitting 2. getting on stage and not being ready.
  • Also, check out his CLIENT PICTURES (Before & After) which sold me on him totally!!!
Long story long....I am very excited about this new "chapter" of my life and am really excited about cutting back to my normal size and eventually into better "shape" than I've been in a while or ever. I can already see during week one that I am a bit out of shape and looking forward to seeing progress!!!

Also, I'll start posting progress pics in a couple of weeks. I'll be sending him biweekly progress pics (I think) and I'll start posting them. You've already seen my "before" as the last pic I took after bulking.

0 comments:

Followers

FITori

FITori

About This Blog

I am Tori (FITori) and welcome to my blog!!!

I created this blog from the encouragement of my best friend who pushed me to start a blog about my passion, which I am always talking about! It started as a way to inspire others the way I have been inspired and to share what inspires me. I also want to share with you what I have learned through my years of research on health and fitness.

For me, this blog is a great place for me to document my fitness journey. I decided to compete this year, but have transferred that goal to next year so that I can bulk and compete in Figure. This blog is my accountability and hopefully I can get some advice and tips along the way. I am hoping that I can learn from you all also as I post what I am learning along the way. If I am wrong or there is advice for me, I want it! I want your theories. What are you doing differently?

I'm also looking for accountability to keep this up and inspiration from you all. I read your blogs and get inspired and knowing you're reading mine keeps me going!

Thank you for your support!!! Let me know if you have any special requests for blog posts!

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP