Friday, August 7, 2009

Uncovered


I saw the author, Jordan Matter, on the news the other day promoting the release of his new book, "Uncovered" and the part of his interview that caught my attention was not that he was photographing naked, topless women in public, but rather what he was saying about how the women felt about their bodies.

Jordan Matter is a photographer and usually photographs models, who, as he said, are supposed to be the epitome of beauty in our society, right? We all, meaning women, look at these women and aspire to be like them? Or at least at some point in our lives we have done this. And, he said that it made an impact on him that these women, the epitome of beauty in our society, all hated parts of their body and asked him, the photographer, to not shoot the left side of their nose or their fat thighs. Fill in the blanks, they all have the same insecurities that you do!

I also thought it was interesting that most of the women didn't want to get dressed too quickly after being naked in the streets!!! :) One of my favorite photos that was previewed was that of his wife very pregnant and in her bathrobe....very cute! There are a few other pregnant women in this book.

There was also a controversial photo of a child playing in a pool that he put in the book only to pose the question, at what point do women need to start wearing shirts and covering up their chests?

Take a look at the link below, you can see a sneak peak of his book on his site...

1 comments:

Melissa Cunningham August 7, 2009 at 12:32 PM  

oooh,so true that almost every woman has a body part they "hate"-even the models or pictures of the women whom we see as beautiful,have thier flaws and insecurities as well!

nice post! thanks for sharing!

Followers

FITori

FITori

About This Blog

I am Tori (FITori) and welcome to my blog!!!

I created this blog from the encouragement of my best friend who pushed me to start a blog about my passion, which I am always talking about! It started as a way to inspire others the way I have been inspired and to share what inspires me. I also want to share with you what I have learned through my years of research on health and fitness.

For me, this blog is a great place for me to document my fitness journey. I decided to compete this year, but have transferred that goal to next year so that I can bulk and compete in Figure. This blog is my accountability and hopefully I can get some advice and tips along the way. I am hoping that I can learn from you all also as I post what I am learning along the way. If I am wrong or there is advice for me, I want it! I want your theories. What are you doing differently?

I'm also looking for accountability to keep this up and inspiration from you all. I read your blogs and get inspired and knowing you're reading mine keeps me going!

Thank you for your support!!! Let me know if you have any special requests for blog posts!

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP