Saturday, January 24, 2009

JOURNAL: 1.18.09 - 1.24.09 SICK GIRL!!!


This was an awful week folks! I was sick, sick, sick and I'm not sure why. I'm not sure if it was the Vitamin C that I started taking, stress, or something I ate. It could have been a "bug" too. I'm just not sure. I did throw up three times though so my carb cycling was off, though I tried to eat pretty clean. I was just eating what I could to not be nauseous. No, I'm not pregnant, people!

I did spend the week talking to friends and trying to get an idea of what my plan should be for the year?

Options:
A. Stay lean, work out, cut the fat and get on stage in Bikini this year in 15 weeks.
B. Quit cutting, start eating and bulking and try to build as much muscle as I can this year to compete next year.

I'm really leaning toward Option B. I really would like to see a change in my physique by getting leaner, but as small as I am I think I'll just disappear and I don't want to be skinny. I want to be "buff." So, I think it'll take a lot of work. For me, it'd probably be easier to do the cutting than the bulking because I hate to eat that much!!!

I weigh 145 lbs (I'm 5'8'') so that's a lot of weight. If I am to eat 1.5g of protein per pound, that's around 200g of protein a day (on my workout days)!!!

***********************************************************************
TENTATIVE PLAN: muscle growth & development --- HELP WANTED!!!!
***********************************************************************
****Please, ladies, give me some feedback and advice!!!! What do you think???****

Workout days:
Eat 220 g of protein daily. Add in 1/4-1/2 cup of carbs (brown rice, yams, etc). Add in green fibrous carbs to each meal.
Protein shakes before and possibly after workout. Casein protein before bed
Off days
Eat 150 g of protein daily plus same carbs, on the lower end. Eat less on off days.

Workouts
Split of (1) Legs (2) Back (3) Chest (4) Legs (5) Shoulders, Arms
Lift heavy, 5x5 some days and other days 8 to 10 reps mostly to keep weight high
Cardio??? Only under 20 min of cardio keeping heart rate low, around 145 bpm to maintain muscle mass but to possibly increase hunger so that I can eat enough?
Take a day off in between workout days 2 & 3 or 3 & 4 and then after 5 for a break to rest and recoop.
Sleep
Get at least 7 hours, up to 9 hours a night

Supplements
Protein power
Hydroxycut Max
L- Carnatine and L-Glutamine
B Complex
Vitamin C
Thinking about these supps: (What do you think?)

I should add: BCAAs?
Anabolic Rush: Was recommended a pre/post-workout drink by Pauline Nordin. Not sure what I think of that yet because it has creatine.
Do I have to take creatine in order to see the gains I want???

Help is wanted. Please let me know what you think!!!


2 comments:

Becca January 24, 2009 at 6:39 PM  

Idk if you have to take the creatine to get the gains you want. I think your tentative plan looks really good. You could prob. even eat a little more protien. I'm 5'4, 125 and I take in close to 200 grams a day, and I'm CUTTING! (It's working) So, depending on how many grams of carbs you're taking in, you can cut w/o missing the protien.

Also, if you're looking to gain muscle and lean out at the same time, you can always drop some carbs on your non-workout days and skip the hydroxycut. (save $). Just a thought. I'm carb cycling now and not on a fat-burner - and it's working...

I love your training plan though!
I love Jessica Beil and Evangeline Lilly. Ideally I'd like to look like them, that's my goal post-comp. (Evangeline). Which is why I think I'd be better suited for bikini than figure! :)

Kim January 25, 2009 at 4:04 AM  

First, you have to decide what you are going to do: Bikini this year, Figure next year, or Figure this year. You don't HAVE to do Bikini this year, you know. Even if you don't think you are big enough, you could still do Figure. There's no rule there. You may (or may not) get "swallowed up," but at least you are competing in the class you really want to compete in. So, first things first: Pick one.

Second, To build, cut, or build and cut. I'm so glad you asked my advice on this, because you know I've spent the last 12 weeks building/bulking. And even though I cry about my body changes, I know that an AMAZING thing is happening. So if you have the time and you really want to pack on some muscle, you can do it.

Third, do you have a local figure coach? This is really important. They can direct you regarding building, diet, supplements, etc. Might be worth the time and money to investigate.

Finally, diet/supplements. I agree with Becca. If you are wanting to build more right now, cut out all thermos (Hydroxycut, CLA), and add in BCAAs (Yes!) and maybe some creatine. I bloat with creatine, but the bloat is usually gone within 2 weeks. Really good supplement for women...don't be afraid of it. As far as protein, I would keep it consistent, whether it's a workout day or a rest day. Only adjust your carbs and fats (lower carbs/fats on rest days).

Whatever you decide, just stick to the plan and press forward!!

Hope this helps! Sorry for the book!!

Kim

Labels

Followers

FITori

FITori

About This Blog

I am Tori (FITori) and welcome to my blog!!!

I created this blog from the encouragement of my best friend who pushed me to start a blog about my passion, which I am always talking about! It started as a way to inspire others the way I have been inspired and to share what inspires me. I also want to share with you what I have learned through my years of research on health and fitness.

For me, this blog is a great place for me to document my fitness journey. I decided to compete this year, but have transferred that goal to next year so that I can bulk and compete in Figure. This blog is my accountability and hopefully I can get some advice and tips along the way. I am hoping that I can learn from you all also as I post what I am learning along the way. If I am wrong or there is advice for me, I want it! I want your theories. What are you doing differently?

I'm also looking for accountability to keep this up and inspiration from you all. I read your blogs and get inspired and knowing you're reading mine keeps me going!

Thank you for your support!!! Let me know if you have any special requests for blog posts!

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP