Sunday, December 21, 2008

Inspiration


We all need inspiration to start something and when our emotions that are pushing us are lacking, when we have a tough day, when we are too busy, a lot of times we need inspiration in life. For me, I need inspiration to push me to compete. I am scared to death. I am scared to death that I will fail or that I just don't have the genes to do it. I'm scared that my full-time job, which is definitely the time priority will take over and cause me to quit. I'm scared of a lot but I have needed and used an inspiration to push me and that is Kim Mitchell.

We all have challenges. Kim has children and her husband deploys like mine does. She also has a job and is very busy but she has made this a priority for her to do this for HER. She is doing it for her husband and kids, I'm sure too, because by doing this for herself, she is becoming better and getting to know herself better and becoming a better wife and mother.

Life is a journey. I say it all the time. This is part of her journey and I hope that I can commit to making it part of mine. I have wanted to do this for four years, since I opened up my first Oxygen Magazine. I now have a job that allows me to have the freedom to train whenever I want, except when I travel and then I am at a disadvantage. I will have to work around a lot of obstacles. Travel will be a huge obstacle for me to plan around and overcome.

Some of Kim's comments have hit "home" with me about wasting too many years hiding behind the fat. Her journey has been just that, it was not overnight, it was a lifestyle change and if anyone is reading this and looking for inspiration on a lifestyle change, look no further for that inspiration...


My fitness, nutrition and health journey has also been just that and has taken some time to learn and live my new goals. I hope that someone is reading this and decides now to change their life and make a new life for themselves that includes feeling better, including both energy and feeling confident about the way you look. Thanks, Kim, for helping to push me without even knowing it!!!

1 comments:

Kim December 22, 2008 at 3:00 AM  

You have me COMPLETELY in tears, Tori! THANK YOU!!

I am so excited that my simple little story is challenging you to MAKE IT COUNT! Every workout matters; every meal matters; EVERY DAY matters!

And I love your blog! It's gorgeous! I'd love to know how you bring in all the cool colors... :)

And feel free to use my story or pics as much as you want. I'm sure you'll use them in a positive way.

I'll follow your blog, Girl! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Kim

Labels

Followers

FITori

FITori

About This Blog

I am Tori (FITori) and welcome to my blog!!!

I created this blog from the encouragement of my best friend who pushed me to start a blog about my passion, which I am always talking about! It started as a way to inspire others the way I have been inspired and to share what inspires me. I also want to share with you what I have learned through my years of research on health and fitness.

For me, this blog is a great place for me to document my fitness journey. I decided to compete this year, but have transferred that goal to next year so that I can bulk and compete in Figure. This blog is my accountability and hopefully I can get some advice and tips along the way. I am hoping that I can learn from you all also as I post what I am learning along the way. If I am wrong or there is advice for me, I want it! I want your theories. What are you doing differently?

I'm also looking for accountability to keep this up and inspiration from you all. I read your blogs and get inspired and knowing you're reading mine keeps me going!

Thank you for your support!!! Let me know if you have any special requests for blog posts!

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP