Monday, December 22, 2008

JOURNAL: Mon 12.22.08


Today was an OFF DAY! I can't believe how tired I felt at the gym. I couldn't do what I wanted to do. I picked up my normal weights and couldn't get through my workout! I had to lower my weights. I am not sure if it's my nutrition. Maybe I need to eat more. I did take a new medication before I left for the gym and it did say a side effect was dizziness/drowsiness and I did feel a bit dizzy and just off. So, I won't be taking that med anywhere near my workouts and I'll probably eat a bit more tomorrow before I go to the gym. It could just be that I'm tired. I only got 8 hours of sleep last night and I was tired. I'll probably also go the gym earlier tomorrow before my drowsiness sets in.
*******
FOOD
*******
700am: Nutrigrain Bar (simple carbs first thing in morning), 1 scoop EAS protein with water,
coffee with 2T creamer
945am: 1/2 c. oats, 4 egg whites, 1.5 yolk, 1 c. milk....I broke a yolk this morn :(
100pm: 4 oz chicken, 1 med yam + 1 T butter, 1 c. Spinach
230pm: EAS Carb Control shake
workout
415pm: EAS Carb Control shake + 1 c. Froot Loops (simple carb w/in 30 min of lifting)
630pm: 4 0z chicken, 1/2 c. brown rice, 1/2 c. peas
** I will have a snack later..probably cottage cheese
*************************************
WORKOUT - Shoulders/Tri (Superset)
*************************************
(Like I said I can't believe I was so weak today...just felt tired and unable to do what I wanted...my body wouldn't cooperate. Tough mentally do deal with this today. I should have pushed the weights up and reps down a bit more, but just felt off. Will do next time. I need to add mass and strength to my shoudlers. )

Skullcrushers 30#/12, 40#/8, 40#/6, 40#/8
BB Shoulder Press (standing) 40#/12, 40#/8, 40#/7

Overhead Rope Cable Press 40#/10, 40#/12, 40#/12
DB Lat Raise 10e#/12, 10e#/12, 10e#/11

1 Arm Rope Pressdown - alt arms - 20e#/10, 20e#/7, 20#/8

DB Bent-over Front Raise - 10e#/8, 10e#/8, 10e#/8
1 Arm Reverse Grip Pressdown - 20e#/8, 20e#/8, 20e#/8

Arnold Presses - 15e#/6, 15e#/6, 15e#/6

50 min workout. only burned 315 cal.
Moving slow.
Tomorrow is a new day and it's Quad/Calves day!!! Woohoo! I'll burn some serious calories and feel the lactic acid burn on Quad day!
Off to plan my workout for tomorrow.....

*******
MUSIC
*******
Kim Mitchell reminded me I haven't listened to Keith Urban in a while. After going to his concer this year, I LOVE HIM! His music pushed me through my workout today.

***************
INSPIRATION
***************
Today's inspiration is Monica Brant. She was my first figure/fitness inspiration and has always been my favorite. I think she is a lot of ladies' favorite competitor. How could she not be. She is my inspiration because I actuallly found a pic of her from an Olympia when I was cleaning my office and I put it in my fitness journal/log and took it with me to the gym today.

I also rarely open my fitness journal to the cover (it's usually opened to today's page) and read the statement/picture that I have on the front -


"DETERMINATION TO SUCCEED IS KEY."


I need to read that more often. I need the determination to do this!

0 comments:

Labels

Followers

FITori

FITori

About This Blog

I am Tori (FITori) and welcome to my blog!!!

I created this blog from the encouragement of my best friend who pushed me to start a blog about my passion, which I am always talking about! It started as a way to inspire others the way I have been inspired and to share what inspires me. I also want to share with you what I have learned through my years of research on health and fitness.

For me, this blog is a great place for me to document my fitness journey. I decided to compete this year, but have transferred that goal to next year so that I can bulk and compete in Figure. This blog is my accountability and hopefully I can get some advice and tips along the way. I am hoping that I can learn from you all also as I post what I am learning along the way. If I am wrong or there is advice for me, I want it! I want your theories. What are you doing differently?

I'm also looking for accountability to keep this up and inspiration from you all. I read your blogs and get inspired and knowing you're reading mine keeps me going!

Thank you for your support!!! Let me know if you have any special requests for blog posts!

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP