Sunday, December 21, 2008

JOURNAL: Sun 12.21.08


Jenny Lynn after winning Figure Olympia 2007



I think I should have had more meals, but I got up late, being a Sunday and ate every 3-4 hours on schedule and planned my workout around my meals. I also cut off my eating a little late, but again, it's Sunday, I got up late and worked out late and I've been blogging to you guys. I always cut off my eating by 7pm if I can, 7:30pm isn't horrible though.

I got 9 hours of sleep last night. As you should know, sleep is as important to your body's recovery after working out hard as food and the workout itself. I, personally, need 9 hours of sleep. Wish I only needed 7 but I need 9 to function properly. You should listen to your body but get at least 7 hours of sleep a night, people.
*************
WORKOUT:
My Workout today was Glutes/Abs (Supersetting). I found the base workout in Oxygen Magazine but I altered it a bit. For those of you that get this magazine, it was in the September 2008 issue with Jamie Eason on the cover. I know that Kim Mitchell also used this workout. I varied it a bit to use what we had in the weightroom.

My codes - I use # to mean pounds. If I put a + in front, I'm saying I'm adding that weight to the bar, /12 means 12 reps.

Supersets as follows:

Smith Machine Squat - +50#/12, +70#/10, + 80#/8
Ab Leg Raise (in Roman Chair) - 3 sets of 10 reps

Lying Ham Curl Mach- 40#/8, 30#/8, 30#/8
Straight Leg Deadlift (BB) - 50#/12, 60#/10, 70#/8

Lying Leg Press (Toes hanging off platform at top) 120#/10, 130#/8, 130#/8
Ab Leg Raise (in Roman Chair) - 3 sets - 10, 8, 5 reps

Jenny Lynn one-leg presses on Lying Leg Press - 40#/10, 50#/8, 60#/8
Stretch in between to prepare to slow down

Workout was 5o0 minutes and I burned only 370 calories. Maybe I 'm too ambitious but I always try to burn 500 calories in a one hour workout.

ALWAYS:
Always warm up! I warm up at least 5 minutes doing cardio before I start my routing.
Always stretch! You can stretch in between sets or you wan superset like I do to keep my heart rate up but I stretch when I'm resting at times or before I leave for sure.
************
FOOD:
I started off my eating too late, I'm trying to get back into the swing of "eating clean again." I woke up late though.

1030am: 4 egg whites, 1 yolk, 1/4 c. oats, 1.5 cups of coffee + 2 T creamer
130pm: 4 oz parm chicken breast, 1/2 small yam, 1 c. spinach, 1 c. skim milk
230pm: EAS Carb Control Shake (my favorite)
workout
330pm: EAS Carb Control Shake & Nutrigrain Bar for some fast-burning, simple carbs
730pm: 4 oz parm chicken breast, 1/2 c. Brown Rice, 1/2 c. peas., 1/2 c. milk

Probably didn't need the added sugar/carbs in the peas, but I'm weening myself off sugar, so I figure not so bad and chicken/rice/peas is one of my favorite meals. So, a small indulgence isn't so bad, right?

I call the leg press I did today, the Jenny Lynn Press, because I found it in one of her fitness DVDs (it can be found on Netflix by the way) and she did it during a training session with IFBB Trainer, Charles Glass so I may need to call it the Charles Glass Press. Who knows!



*********
MUSIC

I listened to Christian music today....33 Miles pushed me through my workout today and helped me to remember who gives me the strength to get through my workouts and my days of clean eating.

0 comments:

Labels

Followers

FITori

FITori

About This Blog

I am Tori (FITori) and welcome to my blog!!!

I created this blog from the encouragement of my best friend who pushed me to start a blog about my passion, which I am always talking about! It started as a way to inspire others the way I have been inspired and to share what inspires me. I also want to share with you what I have learned through my years of research on health and fitness.

For me, this blog is a great place for me to document my fitness journey. I decided to compete this year, but have transferred that goal to next year so that I can bulk and compete in Figure. This blog is my accountability and hopefully I can get some advice and tips along the way. I am hoping that I can learn from you all also as I post what I am learning along the way. If I am wrong or there is advice for me, I want it! I want your theories. What are you doing differently?

I'm also looking for accountability to keep this up and inspiration from you all. I read your blogs and get inspired and knowing you're reading mine keeps me going!

Thank you for your support!!! Let me know if you have any special requests for blog posts!

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP