Thursday, December 25, 2008

JOURNAL: Thu 12.25.08

Today is Christmas Day!!!! I could have planned for a free day today but I did not. So, today I planned to eat healthily (maybe with a cheat or two) but to stay on track and keep the momentum going....I did it!














*******
FOOD
*******
My first meal is always immediately upon waking up and walking into the kitchen. I have been waking up later than my usual recently. I'm usually up by 6 but I've been sleeping later, but still the schedule is the same....eat first meal upon waking up to stop the "catabolic state" that my muscles are in and prevent losing any muscle.

83oam: Nutrigrain + 20 g GNC Protein
1 c. coffee + 1T creamer
1100am: 4 egg whites + 1 yolk
1/3 c. oatmeal

145pm: 20 g GNC protein

3oopm: 1/2 c. cottage cheese + 1/2 apple

430pm: 2 T Pecans, 1 c. milk

530pm: 4 oz turkey herbed, 1/2 c. brown rice,
1/2 c. peas


Today was Christmas so we adapted the family meal a bit for me but somethings, like the peas were a decision made by the family. I have been weening myself off sugar lately, but it's time to stop the peas (which are more of a starchy carb than a fibrous carb) so I need to get back to my spinach/broccoli/salad for my greens.

***********
WORKOUT
***********
Today was cardio and abs.

I used a 10 lb weight and stopped it behind my head to stop the momentum and then pulled it with my abs up to a little past 90 degrees. I did 150 of them....I could have done more had my phone not rung literally 7 times during my last 10 minutes trying to work out! Sometimes all the obstacles are against us! I did sets of 25 in each direction, 2x. So, I did 25 to the front, then 25 to each side (for the obliques), and then I did it all again - front, right and then left.

I got this exercise idea from Core Secrets, which I bought in 2004 I think. I have that exercise ball and there are some good ab exercises in that series.

********
MUSIC
********
Today, I ran and worked out abs to this great country group! I think they are fantastic!
They have a great single out for the holidays, "Baby it's cold outside"
I think they are GREAT!

0 comments:

Labels

Followers

FITori

FITori

About This Blog

I am Tori (FITori) and welcome to my blog!!!

I created this blog from the encouragement of my best friend who pushed me to start a blog about my passion, which I am always talking about! It started as a way to inspire others the way I have been inspired and to share what inspires me. I also want to share with you what I have learned through my years of research on health and fitness.

For me, this blog is a great place for me to document my fitness journey. I decided to compete this year, but have transferred that goal to next year so that I can bulk and compete in Figure. This blog is my accountability and hopefully I can get some advice and tips along the way. I am hoping that I can learn from you all also as I post what I am learning along the way. If I am wrong or there is advice for me, I want it! I want your theories. What are you doing differently?

I'm also looking for accountability to keep this up and inspiration from you all. I read your blogs and get inspired and knowing you're reading mine keeps me going!

Thank you for your support!!! Let me know if you have any special requests for blog posts!

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP