Saturday, December 27, 2008

JOURNAL: Sat 12.27.08


Saturday was a bit of a free day. I have an unexpected event and trip that came up for next week so I'm not going overboard because I'm afraid I'll have a cheat meal on Tuesday also.

*******
FOOD
*******
830am: 20g GNC Protein, 1 c. coffee + 1T creamer
*workout*
1030am: 1/2 small snickerdoodle, 4 egg whites + 1 yolk
100pm: FREE MEAL (Our friend had family in town and they picked...I didn't go overboard but Canes is definitely not on my diet) We then went nextdoor to KRISPY KREME!!!! I got fresh, warm dougnuts!
300pm: Then, my dear husband took me to see Marley & Me, even though he really didn't want to see it b/c we have a Golden Retriever and Marley dies, but he took me anyway! It was cute, I thought.
700pm: We had dinner at a friend's house and I did well. I had 4-5 bites of mashed potatoes. I had one small roll. I took about 5 oz of the pork tenderloins and didn't put the sauce on there. I didn't have any wine, just water. BUT, I went wrong when I had a few bites of pie and then 3/4 of a sugar cookie (sweets are my weakness).
So....back on the program tomorrow!!!
************
WORKOUT - at home today
************
Because we had to rush out the door this morning to meet our friends for the afternoon out, I had to work out at home. I improvised!
10 minute rollerblade warm up with my dog - kept heart-rate above 160
superset the following:

Wide push-ups using Nike grips: 12, 10, 10, 10
DB Bicep Curl Alternating: 15e#/12, 20/12, 25/6, 20/8

DB Chest Press (on exercise ball): 20e#/12, 25/12, 25/9, 25/9
DB Hammer Curl: 20e#/10, 20/10, 20/10

DB Chest Fly on Ball: 20e#/10, 20/8, 20/8
(Tried to superset with lower abs but upper abs too sore still) 2 sets of 8 on ball
(Tried to superset with Preacher Curls on ball but was hurting my elbows) 15e#/12

**If you use the exercise ball for any exercises, make sure you are aware you might need to lower the amount of weight you are using, also be certain you are slowing down your movements and not allowing the ball to "bounce" you to help you cheat with your movements**

TOTALS: 360 calories, 50 minutes

********
MUSIC
********
I had my music on shuffle today...randomness - I do recall Ice playing "Ice Ice Baby" at one point. That was definitely a high point! :)

2 comments:

shawna [of styleberryBLOG] December 28, 2008 at 12:30 PM  

i see shoulders that are separate from triceps!! woohoo! keep up the good work! ( and keep cheating once in a good while. it's good for the soul!)

Tori December 30, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

You're very sweet. I'm working hard and I'm trying to keep it up! Can't wait til my next cheat meal. That's what keeps me going sometimes!

Labels

Followers

FITori

FITori

About This Blog

I am Tori (FITori) and welcome to my blog!!!

I created this blog from the encouragement of my best friend who pushed me to start a blog about my passion, which I am always talking about! It started as a way to inspire others the way I have been inspired and to share what inspires me. I also want to share with you what I have learned through my years of research on health and fitness.

For me, this blog is a great place for me to document my fitness journey. I decided to compete this year, but have transferred that goal to next year so that I can bulk and compete in Figure. This blog is my accountability and hopefully I can get some advice and tips along the way. I am hoping that I can learn from you all also as I post what I am learning along the way. If I am wrong or there is advice for me, I want it! I want your theories. What are you doing differently?

I'm also looking for accountability to keep this up and inspiration from you all. I read your blogs and get inspired and knowing you're reading mine keeps me going!

Thank you for your support!!! Let me know if you have any special requests for blog posts!

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

      © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP